Saturday, April 14, 2012

Blessed

The kids have been on Spring Break this week.  We didn't have the money to go anywhere, but we have had fun hanging out at home.  My girls are country girls, and, while they do love the beach, they had a blast playing in the mud one day, and Ellen has enjoyed getting to know her horse again.  She has always been very good at it, so I was very happy to see her get back in the saddle this week.  The best part for me was not getting up at 5:30 every day!  I just don't think God intended for us to get up before the sun!  This morning my Saturday morning Zumba class was held in the Town Center instead of at the gym.  There was a fundraiser held today for a little boy who is 2 and has an inoperable brain tumor.  His family has been going through a very difficult time.  I can't even imagine.  Today as I was doing Zumba in the cool morning air with the sun smiling down on me, I thanked God.  I thanked him for the beautiful weather, for the fact that I am able to move my body no matter how funny it looks, and I thanked him for my girls who are both healthy and cancer free!  I have struggled with our financial difficulties this week and have grieved a little about not being able to do some of the things that I would like to do for myself, my home and my family.  Today God reminded me that I am blessed beyond measure because I have my health, my home and my family:)

No comments:

Post a Comment