Saturday, April 7, 2012

That Darn Blackberry Plant!

So, remember that darn blackberry plant that my husband planted by the porch?  The one that has been there for years and finally died?  The one that I was so happy to cut back to the ground because it was finally dead, and I never liked it planted there to begin with?  Yep, that one.  I discovered today that in its place are 3 new sprouts!  Do you think that God is trying to tell me something?!  What I thought was dead is alive again the day before I celebrate the resurrection of my Lord and Saviour!  My husband was so happy!  In fact, I only saw one sprout, but he was so happy to let me know that there were 3!  My Mom said that I should just dig it up and replant it somewhere else, but I know that it will probably die if I do, and then my husband would surely be upset.  I guess I'll just leave it where its at and let it be a reminder that no person or situation is hopeless until God says it is hopeless.  I see those little sprouts and think of loved ones or maybe even just acquaintances that have made and continue to make some really bad choices.  Many people have given up on them.  Many have told them that they are hopeless and that they will never amount to anything.  I have myself had days where I cried out to God and told Him that I just don't think they are ever going to change.  Then I see those sprouts and am reminded that God can make something from nothing.  He can take bad choices and use them to make strong people with amazing testimonies.  After all, he made man from dirt and breathed life into him.  He can surely breath new life into people and blackberry bushes that  we had long ago given up on.

No comments:

Post a Comment