Monday, May 21, 2012

Just some Lotion

Yesterday Morgan and I went to the movies.  Just us.  One large popcorn and 2 large sodas.  We had a great afternoon!  After the movies, we went to Family Dollar just to look.  30 minutes and $40 later we came out with some things that we needed and a couple that we just had to have.  Morgan just had to have the giant cupcake pan, which we tried out as soon as we got home.  You should have seen her face when we took it out of the oven!  I just had to have a bottle of Jergen's Original Scent Lotion.  One of the last things that my Grandmother, Nanny to me, asked me to bring her when I visited her in the hospital was a bottle of that lotion.  She loved it!  And it had to be original scent!  I opened it up in the store to smell it.  I smiled as I thought of her request.  I would have spent $40 on lotion if she had asked for it, but she only wanted Jergen's.  Boy, would I love to see her and touch her just for a few minutes!  So, this morning after my shower I took the bottle out and covered myself from head to toe with Jergen's Original Scent.  My allergies drive me nuts, so I don't normally use scented body lotion.  Today I used plenty!  You should have seen my face!  It had a smile on it as big as Texas!  The kind of smile you have when you drive 5 hours and walk into the room to see someone you love to pieces because just hearing her voice on the phone doesn't comfort you the way that putting your arms around her does.  I know that I can't be with her now, but I closed my eyes and saw her face, heard her voice, smelled her lotion and felt her presence this morning.  To most people it is just some lotion.  To me it is a precious reminder of someone who can't be here in body, but will live on in spirit as long as I remember and share her stories with my kids so that they will remember too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment