Thursday, June 28, 2012

Rollercoaster

This has been a rollercoaster week for me.  Worked hard with Mom to pick and can green beans Monday and Tuesday.  Had my first job interview since closing Curves yesterday.  Learned this morning of the passing of a friend's husband.  This friend was one of the many Godly women that I was blessed to become friends with during my time at Curves.  She and her husband love the Lord and serve Him faithfully and are raising 3 amazing sons to serve Him as well.  It was just a few short months ago that I learned that the friends husband had a brain tumer, all of which couldn't be removed with surgery.  They sought treatment from the best doctors in the country, and they faced this difficult time with a smile and claiming victory in Jesus' name.  If you were to visit her facebook page you would see affirmations of their faith and smiles on his face.  Truly amazing people!  Last night he received ultimate healing and was called home to be with Jesus.  So, I have gone from feeling my age on Monday in the heat to excitement about my job interview to sorrow and grief at the loss of a friend's husband.  Such is life in this world.  My desk calender today says, "Human happiness is dependent upon the experiences and circumstances of life, while joy is dependent upon God alone."  I am sad today, but I am thankful that my joy remains.  I am thankful that while my friend and her sons will miss their husband and dad, we can rejoice in knowing that he left a body that was failing him for a heavenly body to be in the presence of our Lord and Saviour.  I pray that God will give the gift of encouragement and lead me in reaching out to comfort this family in the days and months ahead.  I pray that He will comfort them as only He can in their time of need.  Hug your loved ones today.  Forgive someone that has hurt you today.  Show kindness to a stranger because you never really know what that person is going through in that moment.  We are not promised tomorrow so make good use of today.



No comments:

Post a Comment