Friday, July 13, 2012

Waiting again

In my last post I was sharing with you how difficult waiting for a job has been for me.  Today was a perfect example of why.  My daughter wanted to go to the flea market, so, since I didn't want her to drive herself and her cousin and little sister, I decided to go with them and drive my car.  I love my car.  I bought it new in 2001, and it has served me well.  It does however have over 206,000 miles on it now, and there are a few things wrong with it.  The air conditioning doesn't work well.  The leather on the seats is starting to tear.  It uses a little oil.  The rear speakers are shot...imagine that!  Despite these little things, I am happy to drive my Durango.  It suits me.  I'm comfortable with it.  In fact, I was very happy this week to finally get new "used" tires and thought that I would be good to go until the time came to get a new car.  So, back to our trip.  The flea market was closed!  We made our way to the Goodwill store instead, and a couple of blocks from the store my check engine light came on as the car lurched forward.  As we sat at the stop light, the engine revved up on its own and the car lurched forward with my foot on the brake.  Something is wrong with my car!  We made it to Goodwill and then on to McDonald's where my husband met us to follow me home just in case.  It may be something minor, but I know my car, and I feel like this is more than just a simple cold.  I think it may be something terminal!  What do you think is the first thing that I thought about when I realized that something was wrong with my car?!  A job!  How am I going to get a new car if I don't have a job?!  How am I going to even get this one fixed, if it can be, if I don't have a job?!  Once I got into the air conditioning at Mcdonald's and had some tea, I began to calm down.  I reminded myself of my earlier blog this week.  Waiting.  Oh, yes.  Waiting.  I am thankful to be home and thankful to have 2 friends who are both great mechanics.  Between the two of them we will discover what the problem is with my car and either get it fixed or retire it.  If I have to retire it, I know that the God that created the universe can certainly provide me with a car, so I've decided to once again wait and not worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment