Saturday, March 24, 2012

After the Rain

I had a very intense Zumba workout this morning.  Fun, but very intense.  I don't think there was a dry spot on me when I hit the car to come home!  As I begin driving, I rolled the windows down and took a deep breath of the cool air.  We had rain last night and this morning, and it was a welcome relief after a few days of warm, humid air that we don't normally have this early in the year.  Everything seemed fresher and cleaner.  I turned on my radio and Chris Tomlin's version of Amazing Grace was playing.  Wow!  Did I ever enjoy the next few minutes!?!  The air, the song and the dogwood trees that seemed to bloom overnight!  What a great morning!  When I got home, I started cleaning house.  God used my drive home to speak to me as a cleaned.  You know, the trees and the flowers were thirsty for rain yesterday.  They couldn't make it rain.  They waited with patience until the sky opened up, and were richly rewarded for doing so.  They looked more beautiful than ever this morning!  Like the trees and the flowers, we also need water to survive.  We need liquid water, or H2O, and spiritual water, or Jesus.  Before Jesus we are struggling to survive.  We walk around with the weight of this world weighing us down.  When we accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour, His love rains down on us like nothing we have ever felt before.  We are cleaner.  We are fresher.  We are more beautiful than ever before!  I challenge you today to make some quiet time to think about how much God loves you.  God knows what you need.  Ask Him.  Sit quietly for a few minutes and allow His love to soak you from head to toe.  You will find that it's true; everything is anew after the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment