Monday, March 12, 2012

Where do you start?

I have always loved to write.  It is a great way to get your feelings out and can be a great thought organizer.  I haven't written, other than a few journal entries, since college, and that was a long time ago!  Recently I have felt the urge to begin writing again and have even joked about writing a book.  Time is never an excuse because we all have the same 24 hours in each day; the difference between all of us is what we choose to do with the hours. I have realized that the only thing holding me back is trying to decide where and how to begin.  Isn't that something that holds us back so many times in our lives?  We spend so much time worrying about where and how to begin that we never take a step forward. Of course, it is often fear of where and how to start that keeps us from moving.  I have decided today that the best place to start is right where you are and that the best way to begin is just to put one foot, or in my case one word, in front of the other and move.  Yes, going somewhere you've never been or doing something you've never done can be scary, but there is one thing that scares me more than either of those things; coming to the end of my life and finding my feet stuck in the same spot that they are today.  When our time on Earth is finished, we won't be remembered for the things we did or didn't do.  We will be remembered by and for the lives that we touch, and you can touch so many more lives when you take that first step and get yours moving in whatever direction that you feel God is asking you to move.  Why don't you get started today?  I know I just did!

No comments:

Post a Comment