Friday, October 12, 2012

Guarding Your Heart and Mind

I have often been told and heard others say that it is wise to guard your heart and your mind.  I like to tell my children in a simpler way:  if you put good things in, good things come out.  If you put trash in, trash comes out.  So, what is the best way to guard your heart and mind?  Today, some verses from Phillipians, 4:6-7 from the NLT version, were on my desk calendar.  "Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.  Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.  If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand.  His peace will guard your heart and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."  Immediately I thought of all of the times that I have either been told or told others to guard their heart and mind.  This verse really spoke to me today and reminded me that God will do the hard work for us if we let Him.  We don't have to guard our hearts and minds; God will do it for us if we just let Him.  If we will just choose to spend time with Him....if we will just choose to read His word.....if we will just open our hearts and minds to Him, His peace will guard them both!  I don't know about you, but my plate is pretty full these days, so I am very happy to take this off of my "To Do" list and hand it over to God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment