Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday Morning

Have you ever noticed that the times that it is the most difficult to get to church, are the times when you feel the most blessed for showing up?  That is what happened to me this morning.  I got up early and made a pot of coffee, but decided that we would leave early enough to grab breakfast on the way to church instead of cooking.  In my mind, we would leave at 10 and have plenty of time to eat and get to church before the 10:45 start time.  Well, you know how things always seem better in your mind!?  It was 10:15 when I got everyone to come to the car to leave....and then the car didn't want to run!  My husband, who never believes me about car stuff and thinks I am a car-hypochondriac, tried to tell me that it was the battery even thought the battery was showing full charge.  I, on the other hand, insisted it was something in the fuel system; a fact he didn't want to consider because he insisted in putting the cheap gas in even after I told him that my almost 12 year old car with over 208,000 miles on it really didn't run well with cheap gas!  Anyway, after a couple of laps around the yard and several restarts down the dirt road, we made it to the gas station with Hardees attached and got "better" gas for the car and breakfast to go for everyone.  Yes, there were a few times this morning that I thought about staying home!  But, I'm so glad that I didn't!  We were only a few minutes late for church, and I had a truly awesome worship experience!  One of the songs we sang spoke of how God has never given up on me and reminded me that, no matter what mistakes I make, He never will give up on me.  What a blessing!  One that I would have missed if I had given up easily this morning.  So, the point to this is that no matter what you may be going through, remember that God never gives up on you and use that knowledge to give you hope and strength to persevere and never give up on yourself.  It is often when things are the most difficult that something amazing is just around the corner.  Hang in there!  With God, all things are possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment